Friday, July 6, 2012

The Prettiest Thing In My Office

I know, I know, I’m hanging my head in shame. It’s been too long to even make something up and insult your intelligence - I know you’ve all read The New York Times The Busy Trap so you know I’d be making up whatever fake excuse I may give, so let’s just leave it at...I suck, I’m sorry, you forgive me and now I’m back?  

Smiles nervously... 

Good! Now that you’ve forgiven me, I’m coming back strong by telling you about something I’m sure you’ve been wondering about (other than where I’ve been) - my job!  

Let me just tell you that it is absolutely, 100%, my dream job. I come to work each day excited about what I’m working on and I realize that this is so rare that I must treasure it, like a diamond (engagement ring) or my future husband. Note: I treasure both, the latter more than the former.  

In a nutshell, I do public relations for The Knot, the number one wedding destination, and The Nest, a must-visit lifestyle website for newlyweds and nearlyweds. Essentially I work with major TV shows (like Today and Live! With Kelly) to get our editors and brands out there. 

TheKnot.com site director Anja Winikka in a Today segment with Hoda and guest co-host country singer Josh Turner talking wedding dress trends. Wedding dress segments are very fun because I get to call in quite a few beautiful gown options - its like a playground for a bride in the midst of dress shopping, which I was when I was planning this segment (no, none of these are my dress, as if!).
So with thinking about weddings and couple-hood all day and night, I’m all weddings, all the time. It’s a fun and exciting time and I’m thriving on it. I love coming to work and thinking about segment ideas with the work side of my brain while chatting up our editors’ for fabulous ideas with the personal side of my brain. 

More to come on my work adventures, but until then, I’ll leave you with this. The Knot Blog has a weekly feature on the Prettiest Thing in Our Office This Week. It gives an inside look into all the beautiful and gorgeous wedding paraphernalia around our desks. This week - pretty cookies! Read the archives for amazing cakes, jewels galore and more unique items you’d only see on the desks of the editors at The Knot.
Yes, these are cookies!
Until next time!

Here’s to love...and latkes,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment